Other Turtle Discussion :: Piggley's smart

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:17 pm   Piggley's smart

About four hours before Hurricane Nate hits. Piggley is so much smarter than a few people going sightseeing on the seawall. He's settling down like he knows , must be that natural instinct built into animals. He must feel the pressure dropping and now is staying mostly in his cave. He will be good even if my generator goes out , I have battery backup for several days with an 12v air pump and a 12v circulation pump to. Have two deep cycle marine batteries all charged up if needed. A backup to my backup. See Y'all when it's over.
litefoot

Post Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:55 pm   Re: Piggley's smart

Stay safe and good luck!!
Kingbird44

Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:52 am   Re: Piggley's smart

Get back to us soon!
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:05 pm   Re: Piggley's smart

All Good !
Turtles surprise me even after decades in this hobby. With Katrina and in ground pond I could not observe my turtles. Piggley's indoors , I watched his ever move. He knew when Nate was getting close and when it pasted and went back to his Piggley ways. He's my new Hurricane central.
One to Texas then one to Florida , this one in the middle was for me. That new satellite the Hurricane Center has is very impressive and amazing ! Very auccurate and detailed !!! Me and Piggley where ready if it didn't turn ! But it did turn away. That new satellite was accurate on all storms this year. Only got 72 miles from us with the highest wind on my anemometer at 52 mph , no problems and the dry side. Mississippi took the worst in that northeast quadrant. Very small in size and strength but did break a record for the fastest speed of any Hurricane at 26mph.
As for accuracy Piggley was right on !!! He says what remains of it should be in New York Monday night , that's still fast even on land !
I can get rid of my weather station because I have a Piggley , he's so accurate !
litefoot

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:50 am   Re: Piggley's smart

Yeah if the pond is deep enough, turtles won't care the sightless about bad weather ! Piggley is pretty impressive :D

So are you safe from the hurricane now ? You didn't have any damage on your property ?
PokePony

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:38 am   Re: Piggley's smart

All good ! Back in 2005 for Katrina my in ground pond was 3' deep and it took 6 of my 7 turtles , had 9' of water so depth of the pond did not matter . After 21 day's water went down then 8 weeks later neighbor found under his collapsed carport three blocks away (1) Mickey. I had signs out and I'm known as the turtle man in the neighbor so I got Mickey back. For sure was Mickey ! BUT he went crazy and had to re home him at the Center !

Nate was just a dry run / test , got lucky !
litefoot

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:18 am   Re: Piggley's smart

The turtle man ! :D

I'm happy things went well for you this time ! It's been years since we've had a bad cyclone down here, cross fingers !
PokePony

Return to Other Turtle Discussion