Other Turtle Discussion :: Turtle toys!

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:25 pm   Turtle toys!

Does your turtle love to play with anything random? Or do you give them special toys sometimes? Or go outside in a kiddie pool in the summer? Benny is young and very nosey! Whenever my hands are in the tank he’s all over it inspecting what I’m doing and biting at the decor or trying to push it over. We have a tiny spongebob and he always ends up face down in the sand :) I say they got in a fight. I always worry he’s going to bite me but he hasn’t yet lol. I’ll give him a little nudge sometimes when I feel nervous. But I think it’s a good thing he comes to me instead of running away. He always comes eye level with my 1yr old when he goes up to the tank. He has issue with the toothbrush I scrub his decor with and always bites the bristles haha. I try to move things around and swap things out thinking maybe he enjoys it. Or maybe that’s just my human brain overthinking lol. Oh, and he likes to play in the water flow of the filter output. I see him flying across the tank a lot, ....over and over. Maybe he would like a bubbler hmmmm ;)
Sealya617

Post Posted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:59 pm   Re: Turtle toys!

Here’s Benny basking and watching me clean house.
Attachments
C7636E3B-9798-47FA-82D5-B9C1DCBD3D99.jpeg
Sealya617

Post Posted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:54 pm   Re: Turtle toys!

I think most of them are very curious about their surroundings. Some are a bit nervous, but after awhile they all like to explore. They do like to bite things, and his bite will get a lot stronger. Sometimes I get a playful bite attempt but I don't like to gamble :)
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:47 am   Re: Turtle toys!

He’s small enough now I can leave him in the tank whenever I’m cleaning it. He always got so mad at me when I moved him to another container. Mouth all open like a little raptor lol, and last I checked he won’t eat in a different container also. in the water though he’s much more comfortable with me so for now I just watch him close haha.
Sealya617

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:38 am   Re: Turtle toys!

Yea, I think most act like that. When I have to change their water, I currently don't bother with dry docking and I just use a tub with a lot of water.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 5:55 am   Re: Turtle toys!

My turtles love playing and digging in their sand at the bottom of their tank, and I think they enjoy moving things around as well. I tried to put some floaters like a ping pong ball but they don't care about things like that!
PokePony

Return to Other Turtle Discussion