Page 1 of 1

Tortoise and Hippo Friends now have a website!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:17 pm
by kikicool
Remember taht hippo and tortiose that became friends after the tsunami? I wondered what happened to them--they're still friends!! Here's their website. SO cute. the music video is rull cutely too.

http://www.owenandmzee.com/omweb/home.html

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:51 pm
by industrial_girl_2000
That is the cutest thing ever. :) Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:02 pm
by SpotsMama
How cool!

So far as I could tell, the videos on the site were about a year old. Curious, I googled the names and found that, as of a week ago, all are doing well. Owen and Cleo have (finally!) become close friends. Mzee has pretty much gone his own way though Owen acknowledges him occasionally. Owen is behaving more and more like a hippo and less and less like a Tortoise.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:59 pm
by PinkyTurtle
Im so gonna buy theose book for my niece. So cute.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:10 am
by Jayqualin
I ordered the book called "Owen and Mzee: The language of friend ship" A couple of weeks ago.

*Spoiler* :!: :!:

The hippo (Owen) Actually has two tortoise friends. did u know? One is Mzee and the other is a smaller one named Toto. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:15 am
by kikicool
Oh GOD I didn't know!!! TOO CUTE! AND THe hippo has other hippo friends. It's really too much, I want to cry. I love them!!

Did anyone else see that sad show on Discovery (or one of those channels) about the lionness who kept adopting baby gazelles after she lost her own baby? It was so sad. (sorry, it's rainy here, makes me so blue I'm practically homocidal).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:38 pm
by marisa
I thought I recently read they they had been separated for safety reasons.