Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Hello - RES w/ 100 Gallon Tank & Custom Made Turtle Topper

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:17 am   Hello - RES w/ 100 Gallon Tank & Custom Made Turtle Topper

Hello everyone,

My name is Josh. Me and my family have multiple tanks, turtles, fish, etc.

Our RES is in a 100 Gallon Tank with Custom Turtle Topper.

Here is a picture.

Here is a link to a video
joshualaliberte

Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:25 pm   Re: Hello - RES w/ 100 Gallon Tank & Custom Made Turtle Topp

Looks great! Does he have any trouble with the ramp?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:48 pm   Re: Hello - RES w/ 100 Gallon Tank & Custom Made Turtle Topp

Thank you! He struggled with it in the beginning but adding the rough black material and increasing the size of the holes helped. He has no problem now.

I’ll try to get a video of it soon.
joshualaliberte

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:26 am   Re: Hello - RES w/ 100 Gallon Tank & Custom Made Turtle Topp

Oh, I missed the black material. How long have you had him? He still looks pretty young.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:30 am   Re: Hello - RES w/ 100 Gallon Tank & Custom Made Turtle Topp

We have had him about 3 years. He has grown a lot since we got him. I attempted to add another turtle into the tank a few months back and it did not go well. I had to take the other turtle out within a 10 minute period. It seems like my turtle attempted the mating dance ritual fanning his claws in front of his face and the other turtle rejected him so he tried to kill it. He attempts to eat everything. I have tried adding in a large 10" Albino Pacu Piranha just so he would not be lonely and like always he attempts to eat them. We put in 60 medium sized gold fish last weekend and they were gone in 12 hours. I have come to the conclusion that he has to be housed alone. We are planning to build roughly a 2,000 gallon indoor pond and I hope then there will be enough space where I can house some other turtles, fish. Fingers crossed.
joshualaliberte

Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:52 am   Re: Hello - RES w/ 100 Gallon Tank & Custom Made Turtle Topp

What ever is designed build, you have to keep in mind that he might always need physical separation. It's like that for most male RES and aggression. As for appetite, that's a RES trademark :lol:
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:57 pm   Re: Hello - RES w/ 100 Gallon Tank & Custom Made Turtle Topp

I like your tank design. I have two turtle and one of them has become quiet big. Probably in the future I might have to separate them. How can I confirm if I have two male YBS(Yellow Bellied Sliders)?
Ajesh

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:15 pm   Re: Hello - RES w/ 100 Gallon Tank & Custom Made Turtle Topp

Have you checked? https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch& ... +hatchling

Pay close attention the markings on the head but also plastron (bottom of shell).
steve
Site Admin

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.