Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Squirt is her name.

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:03 pm   Squirt is her name.

I purchased Squirt 6 years ago for my son. She has been healthy and enlightening.. we love her. She has a 75 gallon tank with a tank topper for basking. She also have a 40 gallan dry land tank for laying eggs and when she gets restless. Soon we will be building an outdoor habitat for her for outside time. I would love to see some of your outside play yards.. our girl is a big girl. When I figure out how to post pictures I will
Squirt38

Post Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:54 pm   Re: Squirt is her name.

Welcome to the forum! Pictures are easy... if they are small in size, you can upload through the editor or use a 3rd party website, like imgur.com

Has she successfully used the land tank?

I'm currently rethinking how I've been using the yard for my RES. I think I might do a tortoise table-style habitat... it'll be much smaller than what they get before (8'x8' boxed area) but I will have a bit more control over it.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:15 pm   Re: Squirt is her name.

https://i.imgur.com/hygTaS3.jpg

I'm still new to the turtle world. While we've had her 6 years, I've only done basic care - I got her for my son but she's been at my parents until recently. I know she loves her dry land tank. She's never been around another turtle until yesterday . We have a friends while they clean their tank. She absolutely loves the company.
I joined to see if there is anything I need to know or do that I am not.
Squirt38

Post Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:17 pm   Re: Squirt is her name.

Squirt38

Post Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:15 pm   Re: Squirt is her name.

Well, there's 2 main things to look at... how big is she? If her tank size is appropriate for her, then I would go on from there. She looks good in that picture :)
steve
Site Admin

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.