Page 1 of 1

ahh winstons taking a turn for the worst

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:27 pm
by sean rose
he was on meds for soem time started getting better just started eating the other day and now i woke up today and hes just laying on his dock
and he can barly hold his head up my herp vet is closed today i dotn knwo what to do im gunan be very distressed if he doesnt make it

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:43 pm
by RunninWideOpen
I'm so sorry to hear that.

You have Winston seperated from Twiggy right? Just keep him as stress free as possible, keep him warm and try and get him in tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:44 pm
by Safdar
Oh my.. im so sorry
Me and Tito are Hoping he gets better

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:48 pm
by sean rose
i just got a call from my mom (im on break at work )
and she said winston died earlier she just waited to call me when i was on break
i have a turtle funeral to perform tonight plus im sick
today couldnt be any worse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:49 pm
by SpotsMama
EDIT:

I made my original post before you made your sad post. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Sometimes they just don't make it no matter what you do. The little ones are rather frail, and some are just not as strong as others.

You can now give all your attention to your other turtle. Best wishes to you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:56 pm
by Safdar
Oh poor thing
Sorry to hear that
I hate it when a companion dies.
Hes in a better place

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:57 pm
by Threepwood
I'm very sorry for your loss. :( I'm sure you tried your best to save him, though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:21 pm
by RunninWideOpen
I'm so sorry to hear he didn't make it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:30 pm
by sean rose
thank you i tried im just trying to figure out what happend he seamed so much betetr last night he was swimming finally and then this mornign ill again

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:21 pm
by Threepwood
A lot of times a turtle will seem to be recovering, only to, as you said, take another turn for the worse not long after. They have slow metabolisms, so it can take a long time for them to recover, and symptoms may come and go.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:51 pm
by RunninWideOpen
With animals and people, sometimes they get a last spurt of energy and they feel better right before they pass. It usually lasts a day or shorter. I forget what it's called, it has a name. I've experienced it with many family members and friends.....too many.

Sorry for your loss.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:48 am
by Aqua8
Sorry for your loss. :-(

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:10 pm
by marisa
I'm very sorry you lost him. :(