Page 1 of 1

Turtle is dying

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:47 am
by HelperTurtle123
Hello, it's been some time before I have posted something but my turtle has just recovered from swollen eyes. Now, I'm not sure what to do and it breaks my heart seeing him suffer metabolic bone, respiratory infection, blood poisoning and septicemia, you see, when I first got the turtle, he already had blood poisoning and at that time, I was pretty dumb. By the time I realized something was wrong, I quarantined him. If there is something I can possibly do, please respond, I suspect he will die in a few days. He's a tough nut and has survived 1 week without food, he is very tiny and hasn't grown at all ever since I got him.

Re: Turtle is dying

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:25 pm
by steve
The first thing to treat an illness it to know what you're dealing with. Not knowing will cause delays in treatment or the wrong treatment. If he's physically showing signs, then he should be on antibiotics. If he's not eating, you can do a soak for him (pedialyte /water in a 1:1 solution) and add some crumbled up pellets.

Re: Turtle is dying

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:09 am
by HelperTurtle123
I see red stuff between the scutes, he's got a huge red area on his head, he's not moving, hasn't been drinking nor has he been eating.

Re: Turtle is dying

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:24 pm
by steve
Sorry to hear it :(

Re: Turtle is dying

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:43 am
by HelperTurtle123
Thank you, he passed away (not) peacefully this morning. RIP