Urgent Care :: URGENT Posible Septicemia?

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:17 pm   URGENT Posible Septicemia?

Hello guys, i'm new here and my English is not the best, so i hope you can understand me, and sorry for any errors.
I have a RED, since a year now, she is 6, and i adopted her because she was owned by my father and mother in law, and i felt in love with her, and she wasnt eating, was super letargic, and was only eating when i fed her. So i took her and started to take care of her with my girlfriend.
Since then she has been perfect, eating a lot, extremely active, swimming and walking a lot, and everything perfect.
Until a couple weeks ago, when i noticed that in her plastron, like in between scales(? (Not sure of the english word) had like a pink color, very sutile but pink. And with the past of this 2 weeks, she now has like a pink colour almost like "wet" tone in her skin and in the inner side of her Shell, like were her body starts to come out, and today when i was washing her i touch i bit of that in her skin, and it was like a almost membrane like stuff with the pink color.
At first i thought it was blood from overgrowth because i started like a month ago to give her more food. And then i read online that it might be Septicemia or the red pellets that she eats (her diet is almost 3 color pellets), so i took off those ones, and started feeding her with only the other ones since three days algo, but im not seeing any changes. And i'm worry about being Septicemia, because in My country this turtles are illegal, and we don't have many reptile vets, also i don't really have much money because i'm still studying.
So please help me and tell me what to do and what it might be.
PS: My hopes are mainly based in the fact that she is not acting strange, she wants to eat pretty much everything, she is incredibly active, completely acting like always.
PS2: i'm posting a link with photos so you can see
https://app.photobucket.com/u/Loza2431
Loza2431

Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:17 pm   Re: URGENT Posible Septicemia?

Have you tried gently cleaning or scrubbing any of the red areas on the shell? What's her tank/filtration like?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:28 pm   Re: URGENT Posible Septicemia?

steve wrote:Have you tried gently cleaning or scrubbing any of the red areas on the shell? What's her tank/filtration like?

The ones on the plastron and the inner side of the Shell, don't come off, almost nothing. And the ones on her skin come if i scrub a bit with my fingers, and it comes off that membranous like pink stuff, that i put on one picture.
The filtration is good i believe, i try to keep the tank really clean and bought a really nice filter
Loza2431

Post Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:57 pm   Re: URGENT Posible Septicemia?

While I don't think it's septicemia, this is something you will want checked out. Look for an exotics vet, they might be more familiar with then kind of help you need. How is the water quality where you are?
steve
Site Admin

Return to Urgent Care