Page 1 of 1

Playing ball -- odd behavior?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:25 pm
by KevinBerger
Hello I just found and logged onto this site. I have had two red ear sliders for more than 10 years. I keep them in separate tanks because one of them is a biter. I wanted to mention this interesting behavior that one of them has.

I have had toby since she was a baby. She's kept in a 55 gallon tank. A couple of years ago, I decided to put a pool table ball (with a yellow 9) in the tank. The turtle for some reason is really attracted to the ball and when it is on a bare spot on the tank the turtle swats at it with her front claw and the ball rotates away and then back to her. When the ball comes back Toby bites at it (there are scratch marks all over it) and then swats it again to continue this little game. She will do this for anywhere from a few minutes to an at least an hour before deciding to move on to doing something else. Sometimes she will do this in the middle of the night and it can be noisy.

What do you think of this?

Kevin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:43 pm
by kgielda
Cute!

I know there are quite a few people on here that put ping pong balls in their tanks for their turts to play with.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:44 pm
by SpotsMama
Sounds like she's having a really good time. I may get one of those for my turtle.