Page 1 of 2

what a help a python makes

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:52 pm
by packfan1
Jeezzz....I bought it last week and changed the water today. Holy speeding turtles batman! I was done so quick. What a cool device.
My guys also started eating green lettuce today. I have tried a little here and there, but today they went after the lettuce which I thought was awesome.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:56 pm
by AllisonChains
I have to agree, I just recently purchased mine and it is wonderful!

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:59 pm
by megcornell
Good to hear they are into veggies now. Don't be afraid to give them some variety and see what the favorites are.
Pythons are really the best things ever created for aquariums in my opinion. I have no idea how I'd continue to clean my two tanks without one.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:48 pm
by Mandie55
I highly agree... pythons rock. They cut the time of cleaning the tank in half.

Love it. And so do Zeuter and Shorty =P

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:59 pm
by crackerlady2007
Uhhh, clue us in. What's a Python?

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:27 pm
by AllisonChains
It is a 'No Spill Clean and Fill' that connects to a faucet for cleaning and re-filling your tank. I think they come in 25', 50' and 75'?

They are wonderful and make it so much easier.

I got my 25' at Wal-Mart for $32.00.

...but yea, as I was reading the equipment sheet it wasn't specific in the description and it just said 'Python.' I wondered for about 30 minutes just why in the hell I needed a python just to have a turtle. Thankfully, I figured it out on my own without having to ask anyone!



Holy Schnikies!!! I got to answer a question finally!!

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:18 pm
by RESnTX
LOL @ AllisonChains!!!!! I'm so glad you didn't go out and get a snake!!!
I got mine at Walmart too. It was the best price I found.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:35 am
by imderanged
heh, I just got one too and I must be slow or something. It didn't come with directions at all. I understand the "fill" function ok, but I have no idea how to use it to clean my tank. Plus I realized after I bought the Python that the faucet in my bathroom doesn't have threads. luckily there is a spigot in the storage area of the basment just off my living room that I can just reach with the python, but it drips like crazy so I have to put a bucket under it....then when we were done we weren't quite sure how to get the remaining water out of the hose....we ended up picking it up in the air to let it drian back into the bucket, but that was alittle clumsy. What am I missing?

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:03 am
by SpotsMama
For draining your tank to clean it, you can use your python like a regular syphon and let it drain outside through a window or door. Alternatively, you can attach it to your faucet and let a vacuum created by running water pull the water out of the tank, where it then drains into the sink. Your python should have come with directions on this.

Here's a link for a special adapter you can get if your faucet doesn't match up with the python. Our faucet doesn't, but the adapter makes it work fine. It's 69-A on the link:

http://www.pythonproducts.com/repparts.html

There's also contact info on that website where you can call the manufacturers and I'll bet they'd send you some instructions.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:09 am
by imderanged
Yeah, I thought it was really weird that it had no directions, but the package was sealed and everything. I don't have any idea what to do with that little white switch thingy. Thank you for the link, :D that universal adaptor look like just what I need.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:48 pm
by crackerlady2007
Oh, that looks SOOO nice! I've GOT to have it! Thanks for cluing me in! :)

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:25 am
by packfan1
For those that replied, and AllisonChains I am glad to have made your day LOL. The white lever is to make the water flow in our out of your tank.
Follow the link and get instructions and it will help. Reminds me of when I had a water bed. DUH!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:59 pm
by crackerlady2007
packfan1, I went STRAIGHT way and bought a used one off eBay.

THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST THING I'VE EVER WASTED MY MONEY ON!!!

If you can't tell I'm TOTALLY thrilled! THANKS for telling me about them!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:44 pm
by Tenodera
I have something that SORTA looks like a python, but I can only use it for sucking stuff out of the tank, It's not long enough to go all the way to the the tap.
I still gotta use a tiny bucket and make lots of trips back and forth. :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:22 pm
by zoologist
then you just have a hose, lol.

Python looks nice its just so EXPENSIVE! i'd rather look at in the store and try a DIY version of it one day. i'm sure its easy to make :)