Page 1 of 1

Temporary outside tank

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:29 pm
by KatieSmeltzer
Whenever I clean Filbert's tank, and sometimes when I have time during the day, I put him outside in a plastic tub with water, a rock, and a little Lego house (for shade).

Now, my question is... Will he get some decent UVB rays even if the sun isn't directly on him? Can he get some UVB light even if it's cloudy/towards evening???

Re: Temporary outside tank

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:53 pm
by theartbook35
KatieSmeltzer wrote:Whenever I clean Filbert's tank, and sometimes when I have time during the day, I put him outside in a plastic tub with water, a rock, and a little Lego house (for shade).

Now, my question is... Will he get some decent UVB rays even if the sun isn't directly on him? Can he get some UVB light even if it's cloudy/towards evening???


I think UVB can still be obtained during a cloudy day, but I'm not certain if it's the same amount that Filbert would get on a sunnier day. In any case, he's getting fresh air, and something fun and new to do.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:03 am
by steve
Yes he will, less so in the early evening.