Page 1 of 1

What should I do?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:29 pm
by emma
Its a tiny aquarium place that sells reptiles, mice, fish, and other things.
All these animals have HORRIBLE conditions.
Today I went and he just got new baby RES and Cooters. Like maybe 15? All in a 10 gallon tank with like 3 inches of water. Its all green and discusting in the tank and some RES have their eyes swollen shut, or things on their shells, or growing things on their necks.
I've even seen dead turtles out in the parking lot smashed. Like he lets them go if they are to sick, or they just escape or something.

All his tanks are dirty and discusting. He smokes like all the time too, so that can't be good for any of the animals.

What should i do?
Report the place?
Or give him some care instructions or what?
What would you do?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:24 pm
by tammi
Report him to the approperiate authorities, better biz bureau and possible Peta.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:07 pm
by MommaEich
As much as I can't stand Peta I would second what tammi said!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:50 pm
by Diamondbacks4Life
Peta kills most of the animals they take in. Never contact them!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:52 pm
by tammi
I've never heard that before.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:57 am
by MommaEich
Honestly I think even if they do kill the turtles it would be more humane than allowing them to suffer at the hands of that person. I wonder if contacting the local humane society would be of any help?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:17 pm
by tanasha93
Do you have an ASPCA near you, cuz they could probably help you.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:42 pm
by Mech Cb
A lot of major cities have news reporters that specialize in busting bad buisnesses(ex: San Diego has Turko Files). You can look into if your local news has a reporter who does this. They can do anything from putting heat on the store to fix the problem, to putting the word out for people to try and help by adopting animals from the store.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:27 pm
by theartbook35
Painteds4life wrote:Peta kills most of the animals they take in. Never contact them!


Yeah, they are weird like that. They always use the excuse that there are no homes at all for any of the animals they take in. Well, if the SPCA can find homes, I'm sure PETA can too. (Bunch of whackjobs in my opinion)

It's better to contact your local humane society, the SPCA organization in your area, and even just the good old fashioned police.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:10 pm
by tanasha93
Yeah I agree I've never been a big fsnof PETA my self.