Page 1 of 1
Scute shedding

Posted:
Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:09 pm
by worldpeace
I have 1.5 inch (roughly 2 month old) RES. I'm wondering when I should expect it's first shed. I know it probably depends on the environment, diet and other things, but just an approximation would be great.

Posted:
Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:36 pm
by blackforces get you
since i had mine since i was a baby, you would expect to see it shed as the scutes grow. that happened to mine

Posted:
Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:39 pm
by worldpeace
Yeah I know that they shed as they grow but I'm just looking for an approximate time for when I should expect it's first shed.

Posted:
Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:42 pm
by mike hill
w=peace With a turtle that small the scutes will be hard to see and they will eat them. Nothing is sacred to a turtle, nothing!

Posted:
Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:08 pm
by Tee's mommy
Tee is about 2 1/2 inches and just recently lost her scutes. I only noticed because as she was basking I saw they were loose & sticking up away from her shell. That was almost 2 weeks ago and she lost the last 3 today (I actually kept count to make sure they all came off). As she is a wild caught RES, we guess she is around 1 yr in age but like I said that is only a guess.

Posted:
Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:45 am
by Diamondbacks4Life
My turtle is 1.5 and just shed all its scutes.