Page 1 of 1

Healthy shell?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:29 am
by AluvS4life
I'm not sure if I should be worried or not about this. On both of my RES, between the green sections on their shells, their is brown between the parts. I have seen this on turtles and I am not sure if it is healthy or not. I would take pics, but they are sleeping right now =]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:12 am
by chelonian
Pictures are always better than written descriptions but this sounds like the brown that normally develops between scutes as a result of the turtle growing. In other words, it doesn't sound like anything to worry about.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:44 pm
by AluvS4life
chelonian wrote:Pictures are always better than written descriptions but this sounds like the brown that normally develops between scutes as a result of the turtle growing. In other words, it doesn't sound like anything to worry about.

are they growing too fast? like should I feed them less?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:50 pm
by vic021
how much are you feeding them right now

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:27 pm
by marisa
Pics of the shells dry?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:49 pm
by AluvS4life
vic021 wrote:how much are you feeding them right now


alternating between pellets and lettuce
aout 3 pellets each

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:32 am
by worldpeace
You didn't mention the size of your turtle. Are the 3 pellets together about the same size as the turtle's head?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:31 pm
by AluvS4life
worldpeace wrote:You didn't mention the size of your turtle. Are the 3 pellets together about the same size as the turtle's head?

yes