Page 1 of 1
A Worried Turtle Momma!

Posted:
Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:50 pm
by bassoongirl1
Re: A Worried Turtle Momma!

Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:22 am
by steve
What's the discoloration on the plastron (bottom shell/last pic)?
Re: A Worried Turtle Momma!

Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:37 am
by bassoongirl1
are you talking about the white lines, or the spots? but i dont know about either...
Re: A Worried Turtle Momma!

Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:26 pm
by marisa
Some of those old scutes need to shed.
Re: A Worried Turtle Momma!

Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:58 pm
by bassoongirl1
so he's shedding? I wasnt sure.
Re: A Worried Turtle Momma!

Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:07 pm
by marisa
From what I can see, your RES is not shedding. But, he needs to shed some of those smaller, older scutes that are on top of the bigger ones. Perhaps they'll eventually come off when the lower layer sheds.
What are you feeding? How often and how much at a feeding?
Re: A Worried Turtle Momma!

Posted:
Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:24 am
by steve
bassoongirl1, I'm referring to the brownish/reddish marks.
Re: A Worried Turtle Momma!

Posted:
Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:21 pm
by bassoongirl1
Oh. Im not really sure I think they have been there for a while but I think they have increased. Is that something bad :/
Re: A Worried Turtle Momma!

Posted:
Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:27 am
by steve
I'm not sure but it doesn't look normal. Could you gently wipe the area?
Re: A Worried Turtle Momma!

Posted:
Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:38 am
by bassoongirl1
I cleaned out his tank today and looked at the spots , then seem like they aren't nothing him and nothing came off when I wiped them, but I don't know what they are : /