Page 1 of 1

White spots!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:22 pm
by Paddyman89
My turtle is getting very very small white spots on her shell I know it is fungus or anything like that, I think its due to having hard water. Here in az the water is very hard, I only know that because many people have water softeners in their homes. What can I due to help this, I saw once that petco sells salt water for freshwater tanks. I asked what it was for and the guy told me its like a water softener.

Will that work or any other ideas?

Re: White spots!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:29 pm
by steve
If it's hard water/mineral deposits, the whole shell would have a whitening appearance. Fungus will start on one or a few areas and expand outward.

If it is hard water, I think people have diluted the hard water with distillation or reverse osmosis filters.

Re: White spots!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:33 pm
by marisa
Can you post a pic of the shell dry?