Page 1 of 1

Is this turtle ok???

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:17 am
by jessiebuck
There is an add on Kijiji where I live and the guy is selling his yellow eared slider. The nails on the turtle are really long!! Is this normal? I am a new RES owner and think this looks wrong!

Image

Thanks!

Re: Is this turtle ok???

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:09 am
by rsour24
the shell makes it look like this turtle wasn't taken care of and was lacking some of the necessities, it looks odd but i dont see anything wrong about it. at least you know it's deff a male.. ha

Re: Is this turtle ok???

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:13 pm
by steve
I don't recall seeing nails that long or straight, even for a male.

Re: Is this turtle ok???

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:28 pm
by jozzep
Just to clarify, there is no yellow eared slider. Looks to be a cooter, or it could be a yellow belly slider, but i cannot make out the "S" marking on the side of his head from this shot.
Congrats...it's boy!

Re: Is this turtle ok???

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:11 am
by Zorce
I would name it Freddy lol
one, two Freddy's coming for you....

Re: Is this turtle ok???

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:28 am
by marisa
The other nails must have broken off? The two that are so long that they don't look real.