Page 1 of 1

My turtle sleeps too much!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:35 pm
by Dodoturtle
Hi~I had my adult turtle for almost 2 months right now. Recently, she started to sleep all day long (or most of the time), and always basking whether the basking light is on or not. She became less active. I feed her pellet every other day and she loves them. I just started to entice her to eat lettuce, she ate some of them, seems not interested. I think her appetite is ok at this point. And I am pretty sure the temperature is alright.

Is it normal for a RES to sleep and bask that much?
or does it have somthing to do with the tank size and water level?

oh~I saw her scratching her neck twice today, should i be concerned?

Thanks~

Re: My turtle sleeps too much!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:56 pm
by happycamper
I would check the water/basking temps, maybe the season change is affecting the temps and you haven't noticed?

My turtle really digs the "turtle shots." I would give them a try, it really helps with adding a lot of very nutritious foods to their regular diet :)

Hard to say if tank size and water level are the cause without knowing what the tank size and water levels are :) lol

When my turtle is shedding he will sometimes scratch a little at his neck, and rub his shell on things. Is your turtle shedding?

Re: My turtle sleeps too much!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:11 pm
by Luis02
It would be great if you could give us more details about your turt's habitat so we can help you :)