Page 1 of 1

is my tank big enough? (i have pics of turtle and tank)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:49 pm
by Doc_Holliday

Re: is my tank big enough? (i have pics of turtle and tank)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:46 pm
by kmichael55
Link is not working for me :/

Re: is my tank big enough? (i have pics of turtle and tank)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:41 am
by steve
I think this is it.
Image

It does look too small, how big is that turtle now?

Re: is my tank big enough? (i have pics of turtle and tank)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:29 pm
by Doc_Holliday
8 in long about. where do i shop for a big tank?

Re: is my tank big enough? (i have pics of turtle and tank)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:33 pm
by SINI5T3R
www.craigslist.com is the best place for tank shopping. You can find 100 gal tanks for like 120$ or less sometimes...100 Gal tank in a pet store would be like 300$ EASY....

just go to that site and go to the pet section and look around. its local usually...

Re: is my tank big enough? (i have pics of turtle and tank)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:26 pm
by taijiangah
Be careful when you pick up a used tank from craigslist though! Some shady people will try to sell you leaking tanks or tell you it can hold water but really its a critter cage that cant withstand the pressure when filled with water (Personal experience... 40 gallon critter tank for 40 bucks, filled with water burst a month later caused over 2000 in damages :( ) But aside from that craigslist is a great place to buy tanks, just make sure you double check everything! ask the seller to fill it up with water and wait an hour or something!

Re: is my tank big enough? (i have pics of turtle and tank)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:30 pm
by theartbook35
I don't know many people on this website who have had good luck with craigslist, to be honest. About a small handful. I never find anything on that site, or if I do, it's on the other side of the country! Maybe it's partially due to my location, but with all the scams and immature behavior on that site, I just don't recommend it.

Honestly, if your turtle has proper heating (heat emitting bulb over basking dock and water heater), lighting (UVB bulb), and a basking dock where it can get completely dry, then, you have some time to save up money for a better tank from a pet store. Pet store attendants aren't always geniuses, but the majority of them do know what they are talking about IF you hit the right store. I am currently keeping an 8 inch female in a half full 55 gallon. She is going to be moving to a 75 gallon soon, along with getting a brand new canopy ATBA, when I get the money for it, that is. Otherwise, she is healthy and happy. Do I think she sould be in that tank forever? NO. Do I think it will kill her if she stays in there in a little bit longer? NO.