Page 1 of 1

Anacharis & duckweed

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:11 am
by UpTheStox
So, my local pet shop has aquatic plants, and I've read on this site and others that anacharis and duckweed are really healthy. I bought some and planted/floated it last week. My turtles liked to play with it and hide in it for the first couple of days. Then, they realized that it was food.

I have a healthy supply of both growing in a bucket in my back yard, and it grows REALLY quickly. Should I make it available constantly, or keep to a more regimented feeding schedule?

Is it possible to overfeed aquatic veggies?

BTW, I have 2 adult RES, male & female.

Re: Anacharis & duckweed

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:47 am
by Linus
Just keep throwing it in. They won't over eat it. I have a huge amount growing in my small pond. I have to throw about a bucket full into the big pond everyday because the fish and the turtles eat it right away. Luckily it grows so fast that this is not a problem.

Just be warned that they can clog filters.