Page 1 of 1

More eggs already?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:48 am
by sflemin2
So is she just going to keep laying eggs all summer?

She just laid at the very least 6 eggs yesterday (I don't know how many got eaten). I am 90% sure it was Sylvie again..she just laid eggs like a month ago! I even felt her for eggs a few days before she laid them and didnt feel any at all. She was on the edge of the basking area with her legs hanging off and I guess laying them there lol. Creative "nesting hole" haha

I CANNOT feel Raina for eggs. She will eat me alive..she has an attitude problem..but I am pretty sure it wasnt her. She has never laid eggs before and when I walked in the room and saw the eggs, Sylvie went absolutely frantic ( I think she was laying them when I walked in since there was 3 whole eggs and pieces of at least 3 others). Raina was directly under Sylvie eating an egg. .

Re: More eggs already?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:45 pm
by steve
Wow, I hope she gets this all out of her system :shock:

Re: More eggs already?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:43 pm
by sflemin2
Ug. Ill feel her again tonight. Is this most likely the same clutch?

Re: More eggs already?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:25 pm
by steve
Don't know, some females get very frequent clutches.

Re: More eggs already?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:14 am
by Diamondbacks4Life
It takes a turtle about a month to produce another clutch of eggs and yes they can do this all summer, So sounds about right. As for the feeling for eggs and not feeling them and then laying them thats weird. They cant produce eggs that fast.

Re: More eggs already?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:25 am
by sflemin2
I didn't feel them last night either. Raina wouldn't let me feel..I tried :(. I am sure they were in there and I just didn't feel the right spot or something. Thanks for the piece of mind Diamondbacks4Life, she is 10 years old and has never laid this many so I was worried they were stuck.