Page 1 of 1

Toku at 2 yrs old

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:37 am
by slider_keeper
Hi all, so I measured my rio today I saw him for the first time in a yr, yesterday. He was hatched in Nov of 2009. At two years old he is measuring in at 2 3/4 inches scl. I was able to see his front claws and the second and third nails are getting long for his size. He is eating good and is very active. We have been feeding pellets and romain, red leaf lettuce with dandelion leaves, cuttle bone is always provided. It does seem he shows no interest in the cuttle bone yet. I'm back for good so I will be able to monitor his behaviors and habits first hand. I will try to provide more updates as I witness them. :mrgreen:

Re: Toku at 2 yrs old

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:00 pm
by Diamondbacks4Life
Maybe you should think about increasing the amount you were feeding him. For 2 years old he is on the small side.

Re: Toku at 2 yrs old

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:12 pm
by slider_keeper
Yeah your telling me. He eats romain and red leaf lettuce everyday and four pellets everyday. He gets a carrot every so often and crickets and shrimp occasionally. I have noted his size many of time on these forums but he just stays on the small side! I mean his temps, water and air are good. He basks regularly and swims none stop. It's really amazing actually. More and more I'm thinking he is gonna be a smaller red ear, like maybe max out at 5".