Page 1 of 2
Poor Red Eared Slider

Posted:
Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:26 am
by TurtleGirl1985
Hey guys I saw this ad on craigslist for a water turtle and this is what the turtle has been kept in for years omg im so heart broken im going to pick up the turtle and give it the proper home.
Re: Poor Red Eared Slider

Posted:
Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:45 am
by Linus
Disgusting. Give them some nasty words for me! Where do they live?
Re: Poor Red Eared Slider

Posted:
Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:37 am
by Diamondbacks4Life
Wow, surprised it lived.
Re: Poor Red Eared Slider

Posted:
Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:14 pm
by TurtleGirl1985
ya me too. They live in Hemet CA. Im picking up the turtle on sunday and take it to the vet right away
Re: Poor Red Eared Slider

Posted:
Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:28 pm
by Linus
If I wasn't working I'd come with just to yell at the person

Re: Poor Red Eared Slider

Posted:
Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:44 pm
by TurtleGirl1985
I know right he said that its a water tortoise... LOL and he was 45 for the turtle plus her supplies I dont have alot of money but im willing to pay that to rescue her from him before he tells someone else that this how her tank should be so i was to rescue her from stupid people
Re: Poor Red Eared Slider

Posted:
Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:10 pm
by Love of Animals
+ 10, that poor turtle!
Re: Poor Red Eared Slider

Posted:
Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:48 pm
by TurtleGirl1985
Hey guys I rescued the turtle today. She is now In a better enviroment
Re: Poor Red Eared Slider

Posted:
Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:12 am
by Linus
^ What was the person like?
Re: Poor Red Eared Slider

Posted:
Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:35 pm
by TurtleGirl1985
He said that the turtle wasn't his and he was selling it for his friend. And that the turtle has been in there like that for 2 years....! Since I run a rescue I usually take them for free but this guy wouldnt budge so i paid what he was asking and it came with a 40 gallon tank which came in handy cause I also rescued two Russian Tortoises this lady saw my car door magnets that said TLCTurtle/TortoiseRescue and yelled out the window hey do you want 2 Russian tortoises and so i followed her to her house. She gave me the tortoises along with all their food their lights their big tank and stand for free... Ill post pics of the tank later. Im going to put the Russians that I already have that im keeping in the tank she gave me and on sunday at my Adopt A Turtle Event I will adopt out the other Russians along with all my other rescued turtles. As soon as I put that turtle in water she started swimming like crazy
Re: Poor Red Eared Slider

Posted:
Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:46 am
by Linus
Wow, so happy right now!
Re: Poor Red Eared Slider

Posted:
Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:11 am
by Turtletime
Any update on the poor RES that you rescued? People who mistreat animals make me angry.
Re: Poor Red Eared Slider

Posted:
Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:20 pm
by TurtleGirl1985
Yes She is doing very well. She is in an 8 foot kiddie pool that I turned into a pond and she loves it she also has two res about her size in there with her.
Re: Poor Red Eared Slider

Posted:
Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:51 pm
by Linus
WOOOOO!
Re: Poor Red Eared Slider

Posted:
Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:33 pm
by RosesNKeeks
Aww. Always awesome to hear such a story have a happy ending!