Page 1 of 1

New Hatchling Q's

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:27 pm
by SeriSlider
My sister had two baby RES and one died. I think it was because of no water heater and no basking light. Some kind of sickness...but anyway, she's given me the other baby to take care of for a little while until she can get the proper habitat. The baby is about 2 inches and I have Seri who is ginormous at about 8-10 inches. I was nervous about how they would interact but so far so good. *its been 10 minutes* lol

Any suggestions or tips? I'm new to such a small one bc when I got Seri she was already about 4 in...

thanks for your help

Re: New Hatchling Q's

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:52 pm
by SquidSox
I would def not keep them in the same tank even if ur big one is not aggressive it my accidently bite the baby during feeding or claw it during swimming or basking it severely hurt the little guy.

Re: New Hatchling Q's

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:15 am
by steve
It could have been a sickness, poor genetics or an inadequate habitat. I agree with SquidSox, you should probably keep them separate.