Page 1 of 1

egg?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:21 pm
by weaver714
I've had my turtle for about two years, It is about 19 years old. Tonight, soon as I finished cleaning its tank it spit out a large white object that looked like an egg and then proceeded to eat it and totally dirty the tank. Was it an egg? Suggestions what to do for my turtle?

Re: egg?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:51 pm
by steve
It's probably an egg. Females can have them without the presence of male though the egg will be infertile. It's likely she's carrying more eggs. I would feel for more eggs. Has she ever exhibited signs of being gravid (lack of appetite, frantically trying to get out of the tank, digging motions with hind feet)?

Re: egg?

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:38 am
by weaver714
She has had one other egg, and has shown some signs although I didn't know it at the time. Especially the frantically trying to get out of the tank. How many eggs do they usually have?

Re: egg?

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:15 pm
by SINI5T3R
usually more then 2. iv hurd anywhere from 6-10 in a normal clutch.