Page 1 of 1

any texas turtle owners here.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:07 pm
by SquidSox
I recently took in an adult male eastern painted turtle from a terrible home. I have set in up with a proper habitat and finally got him eating pellets.

My issue is I really can not handle two turtle tanks. I believed I could but I most def can not. I refuse to put him on Craigslist or any other sort of classified site because there is not telling where he would go.
I want someone with the same passion and love for these babies as I have to get him. So I thought I would try this option.

I am in no rush here he is being well taken fare of I just have no time to interact with him like I want to. He is in a room by him self and he hardly sees me or anyone/thing else and I don't think that is fair to him.

About zim:
He is a 4yo male eastern painted turtle.
He has beautiful coloring and is a very social turtle.
He is not a shy basker at all he love having his picture taken and being talked to when he basks.
He doesn't bite and squirms very little when handled once he gets used to you.
he loves to bask.
I just want him to have more attention.

I refuse to give him to just anyone. You must actually have a turtle vet and yes I will ask for a reference.
I'm not trying to sell my turtle or male any money but I may ask for a rehoming fee on not really sure yet to be honest.

I will stay his foster mom as long as it takes to find his forever home.

Re: any texas turtle owners here.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:44 pm
by SquidSox
his entire housing goes with him including lighting and filter.

Re: any texas turtle owners here.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:56 pm
by michaelg
Where are you located? Texas is a pretty big state.

-Michael

Re: any texas turtle owners here.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:22 pm
by Ranger The Red Ear Slider
I can take him off your hands I live in San Antonio I don't go to a turtle vet but Have taken mine once through the petstore I got mines. I can show you pics of my turtle and his setup and any other info if needed.

Re: any texas turtle owners here.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:59 am
by SquidSox
Micheal,
I live about 10mins south of Houston however for the right right how I will transport him where ever he needs to go. I can meet half way or something to if need be. I'm not worried about where in Texas it is he goes as long as he gets a proper home.

Re: any texas turtle owners here.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:31 am
by SquidSox
Ok so let me correct alot of what I said as I see I have many typos. I would also like to add some info.

I am willing to travel to get Zim a proper forever home. I am not looking to pawn him off on the closest person who can take him. I want to make sure he is in the right home for life so transporting him can surely be arranged. I live just south of Houston.

If any of you are interested and would like to talk further or see photos of my wonderful boy please just e-mail me the following information.
1.where do you live
2.what kind of turtles do you currently keep and how long have you had them
3.what vet do you use (name and phone number to their office) how long have you used this vet.
4.photos of your current turtles habitat
5.your turtles daily routine and feeding sechedule(do u tank your turts out of their tank,do they get to go outside,do you feed in the tank,what do you feed them,ECT)
6.have you ever owned a painted turtle
7.what kind of space can you provide zim(he is in a 30gal tank)
8.tell me about yourself
9.tell me about your current turtles
10.tell me why zim would be a good addition to your home.
11.provide me with some personal references that have seen you with your turtles(if you have at least 3 that would be great)

Re: any texas turtle owners here.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:32 am
by SquidSox