egg laying
Hi, I'm new to the site but I've found it reall useful. I have 2 RES, one rescued (Desmond) and another bought (Pickle).
Recently, Pickle's been laying eggs once every couple of days. She's about 3 years old and according to the site, she's ready to lay eggs. The first time she laid eggs was on the 1st of May, and she laid 3 eggs. Subsequently, she's laid one egg every 3 to 4 days. Is that normal? I live in a small apartment and there's no dirt for her to dig around to lay her eggs. Is she holding her eggs back?
I would also like to know if it's healthy if RES never get to have sex. I know some animals may get depressed and sick if they never have sex in their entire lifetime.
Any reply would be great. Thanks people!!
Recently, Pickle's been laying eggs once every couple of days. She's about 3 years old and according to the site, she's ready to lay eggs. The first time she laid eggs was on the 1st of May, and she laid 3 eggs. Subsequently, she's laid one egg every 3 to 4 days. Is that normal? I live in a small apartment and there's no dirt for her to dig around to lay her eggs. Is she holding her eggs back?
I would also like to know if it's healthy if RES never get to have sex. I know some animals may get depressed and sick if they never have sex in their entire lifetime.
Any reply would be great. Thanks people!!