Page 1 of 1

light

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:08 pm
by Olaamb
hi everyone, I am very new to this so please don't mind the silly questions...
do you need the lights even if it's quite warm in my house? or only in the fall/winter season?
Aleks

Re: light

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:19 pm
by steve
You still need a special UVB emitting bulb. A basking light is also recommended, it's warmth encourages them to bask and they can thermoregulate themselves.

Re: light

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:30 pm
by Olaamb
steve wrote:You still need a special UVB emitting bulb. A basking light is also recommended, it's warmth encourages them to bask and they can thermoregulate themselves.


so basking light and UVB light are two different lights? are there different strenghts that I should be aware of?
thank you!
Aleks

Re: light

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:47 am
by Linus
There are different intensities. I forget the unit they use, but they usually come in 5 and 10. I use 10 but I'm sure a 5 will work just fine.