Page 1 of 1

Advice on a turtle being scared of his filter system

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:02 am
by I<3bigjake
I'm kinda new to this and just wanted to know if anyone has heard of a turtle being scared of water filters... Tried a few different kinds he just seems to want his water still... If there is any movement at all he charges the sides of the aquarium he won't get on his dock doesn't eat well... he just never has liked it. So I just have resigned myself to do partial water changes every two days and full tank cleanings once a week....maybe a little more or less. When the filter is unplugged he seems very happy and calm, loves to bask and beg for food. He's and amazing little guy and I will do whatever I need to keep him healthy, just curious if anyone had a tip so I don't have to change his water so much. Or maybe a brand of filter that's doesn't really impact the water
Thanks

Re: Advice on a turtle being scared of his filter system

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:29 am
by steve
Most of the time they're interested and curious about filters. What kind of filter do you have, how much water is in the tank and how big is the tank?