Page 1 of 1

Skin shedding?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:29 am
by talal
Just noticed today what appears to be some sort of film around my RES's tail and feet. When he swims it looks as if someone attached a small piece of scotch tape to his tail. At first I thought maybe he got something caught on his tail but on closer inspection I realized it was connected to his body. I googled it and it looks like shedding. He is around 2 months old I am worried if it is fungus. I do have 2 other turtles living in the tank and they do not have anything like this so far. I have a strong filter and 4 - 5 fish in the tank, I regularly test the water and everything seems to be fine, they all eat the same amount of food ( some lettuce and 3 reptomin baby pellets a day each ) so if it was overfeeding I'm guessing the others would have had this aswell or would show signs ? I have not experienced this before so I am posting a couple pictures to get your insight on this issue

In this picture I held him out of the water he was still wet so it was more visible. It's long like his tail you can clearly see it

shed1.jpg


the second picture is while he is in water you can see that there is some on his feet as well

shed2.jpg


All replies would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Re: Skin shedding?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:45 am
by ljapa
Definitely shedding. I remember thinking fungus as well when I first saw it.

Re: Skin shedding?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:32 pm
by GarysMom
definitely shedding. he's going through a growth spurt. they grow up so fast lol... jk

Re: Skin shedding?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:07 am
by talal
Yeah thanks guys that's what it was. They all started doing that one by one it went on for a couple of days and now they're back to normal.