Page 1 of 1

Need filtration recommendation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:42 am
by L.West
I have a 55 gallon turtle tank with an AC110 currently running on it. The filter does fine with keeping the water clean/clear but with a HOB model and the slightly lower water level I have to listen to the constant flow of the water into the tank.

Would I be better off hooking up my C360 and keeping the intake/outtake tubes submersed to eliminate the noise?? Would this canister be sufficient by itself or do I need to go with an FX5 or FX6?? I am not sure if the FX series would even fit into a standard 55 gallon aquarium stand - anyone know if it will

Please let me know what you all think I should do. I already have the C360 so of course this would be the cheapest option but I want to make sure it will be sufficient by itself.

My two turtles are just babys right now but there waste output as adults will be worse that the largest Oscars Im sure.

Any advice.

Thanks

Re: Need filtration recommendation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:04 am
by Kansasslider
The c 360 should be fine. The Fx measures approximately 22" tall and 14" wide.

Re: Need filtration recommendation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:16 pm
by L.West
Yeah I did some checking to find out that the FX5 or FX6 both would be too large to fit inside my 55 gallon tank stand. I guess I will use the C360 that I already have.

Thanks for responding.

Re: Need filtration recommendation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:45 pm
by Kansasslider
Your welcome.

Re: Need filtration recommendation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:02 am
by Rickiew04
I recently purchased the FX6 for my 55 gallon aquarium. It fits under my stand, but it is tight. I have to manuever it so that the motor sits a certain way so my door can close.

Re: Need filtration recommendation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:19 pm
by steve
This the old Aquar Clear modification: viewtopic.php?t=1405

Rickiew04, how is it working out? Any other issues?