Page 1 of 1
Something weird on turtle shell

Posted:
Thu May 29, 2014 12:12 pm
by Mata.Mata_fan
I just found yesterday something weird on Lola's shell. There was no bleeding, nothing traumatic has happened. I'm sending an email to her vet as well, but they take 48h to connect back (without the weekend included).
I've asked a couple other turtle people, they've never seen this before. Can anyone help.
IMG_1016.JPG
Re: Something weird on turtle shell

Posted:
Thu May 29, 2014 4:39 pm
by Mata.Mata_fan
https://lolathemataspictures.shutterfly.com/pictures/5Sorry the image wouldn't upload. Please link to this site.
Re: Something weird on turtle shell

Posted:
Thu May 29, 2014 8:38 pm
by steve
I haven't seen anything like that before but wouldn't be too concerned. Has the turtle recently shed?
Re: Something weird on turtle shell

Posted:
Fri May 30, 2014 9:02 am
by Mata.Mata_fan
She's shedding skin but hasn't shed any shutes.
Re: Something weird on turtle shell

Posted:
Fri May 30, 2014 12:53 pm
by steve
Most likely that will pop off at sometime. It's probably won't grow back, so I would be very observant of how it heals. Has it always been there?
Re: Something weird on turtle shell

Posted:
Fri May 30, 2014 4:32 pm
by Mata.Mata_fan
No it's fairly new. Within the past month.
Re: Something weird on turtle shell

Posted:
Sat May 31, 2014 9:58 pm
by steve
It still looks like something that would come off soon. Does it have any unusual texture?
Re: Something weird on turtle shell

Posted:
Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:57 pm
by Mata.Mata_fan
No it seems fairly normal in texture.
Re: Something weird on turtle shell

Posted:
Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:16 pm
by steve
I'd just keep a close eye on it for now. Did you get any other opinions?