Page 1 of 1

turtle shell

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:02 am
by dumbork14
hello turtle talk team! :)

Dumbork's back! Here's her latest snoozing pic!

Image

By the way, may I ask the part of the shell that connects the carapace and plastron? The "side" of the turtle, so to speak. Thanks

Re: turtle shell

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:06 am
by dumbork14
Is it called the "bridge"? Hahah I answered my own question. Anyway, the bridge on dumbork's shell seems soft -- what do you think it means?

Re: turtle shell

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:49 pm
by steve
Hi dumbork14! What do you mean soft? It should be as hard as the rest of the shell.

Re: turtle shell

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:11 pm
by dumbork14
I can press down on it, sponge-like. I'm not sure if it's the scutes that I'm touching/feeling. Do you think I should request an x-ray for the next vet visit?

Re: turtle shell

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:43 pm
by steve
I'm not sure what the x-ray could reveal. But if you have a visit scheduled, then it couldn't hurt. Is she getting calcium and UVB? Does her pellets have vitamin d3?

Could this just be some scutes shedding?