Page 1 of 1

How long should it take her to lay all her eggs?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:33 am
by Lindalist71
My RES is about 10 years old. She laid her first egg about 2 days ago to my surprise. She obviously has more..you can see them and feel them by her back legs. I'm worried she is binding..is it normal to go days between laying all the eggs?

Re: How long should it take her to lay all her eggs?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:36 am
by steve
If she's expelling them in water, you will have a hard time figuring out when she's done. If she made a nest, she should have laid all of them. Can you provide more details about what happened?

Re: How long should it take her to lay all her eggs?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:58 pm
by Lindalist71
I take her out of the water to put her in a separate basking tub. She laid the first egg in her basking area. I did not have soil. We actually thought she was a he. After she laid the egg I bought coconut husk substrate for her tub. She has not laid the other eggs although I can tell there are at least 2 more. I've been keeping her in the basking tub more and trying to keep her out of the water. Should I put her back in the water? I've only been putting her in a couple hours away. It has now been 3 days since her first egg.

Re: How long should it take her to lay all her eggs?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:07 pm
by Lindalist71
She is not digging at all.

Re: How long should it take her to lay all her eggs?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:10 pm
by steve
I'd just leave her in the tank as you normally would. Once she's showing signs of wanting to get out, you can put her in the nesting area.