Page 1 of 1

Turtle food and other questions

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:13 pm
by T83
Hello all!

I'm new to turtle care and was wondering if you guys could give me some advice?

First of all, the only food I currently have is Reptomin, romaine lettuce, and carrot shreds. How much food does my turtle need each day? He is a red ear slider and his shell is about 6 inches long and 4 1/2 inches wide.

How long can res stay under water without breathing?

Any other advice would be appreciated, too!

Thanks!!

Re: Turtle food and other questions

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:39 am
by steve
HI T83!

There's a picture to how much I use: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37094#p349613

I give some pellets at night, just a small amount. Roughly 1/4 to 1/3 the size of their heads if hollow.

You can try different veggies and pellets too. Variety is good for us and them.

Are you sure he's a male?

What's his tank like?