Page 1 of 1
Should i remove my turtle out of water??

Posted:
Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:33 am
by kartik nune
My turtle pete is a male RES around 6 months old, i want to ask that should i remove my turtle out of water, and leave it on floor to roam abut freely?? i also wanted to ask whether i can feed him some veggies from kitche??
Re: Should i remove my turtle out of water??

Posted:
Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:10 am
by steve
The simple answer is no, do not handle your turtle unless it's necessary. Does Pete have a basking area? How big is his tank? There are some veggies you can buy/grow but younger turtles won't really be interested in them.
Re: Should i remove my turtle out of water??

Posted:
Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:35 pm
by Impulse Shopper
George is 18 months. She wanders about freely in the house and in our backyard, closely supervised, of course. She loves it.
Re: Should i remove my turtle out of water??

Posted:
Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:00 pm
by unclejoe
Impulse Shopper wrote:George is 18 months. She wanders about freely in the house and in our backyard, closely supervised, of course. She loves it.
When did you start allowing your turtle to walk around? Mine is only 2 1/4 inches and I worry one he is so small he could easily find a hole I can't reach him in and two he isn't impressed with running on our bare floors..lol
Re: Should i remove my turtle out of water??

Posted:
Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:54 am
by lizamarie0686
I let mine walk all over, she bugs the crap out of the cat, when she's gravid she wanders the house for 8 hours or so, she is wicked friendly tho, she will sniff the cat, follow people around and beg like a dog, thats when she's not gravid though.
Re: Should i remove my turtle out of water??

Posted:
Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:38 pm
by Impulse Shopper
unclejoe wrote:When did you start allowing your turtle to walk around?
At 8 months, she was allowed to walk the kitchen floor.
I cannot overemphasize the need for supervision.
Frankly, I think George prefers the water.
Re: Should i remove my turtle out of water??

Posted:
Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:32 pm
by unclejoe
We have ferrets we are well trained in supervision..lol He doesn't like walking in the house.. He panics.. But I took him out on the porch yesterday and its fenced off with a pet play pen all the way around.. So no way for a turtle to escape.. He seemed to like that better.. He walked around checking things out instead of running for dear life to the nearest corner.. He was also able to be out in patches of natural sunlight if he so chose. He tried hard to turn his body and squish through bars.. But he has grown too big..lol I stay right with him cause I worry about birds more then anything when we are outside.. He is only 2 " long in carapace atm..