General Care Discussion :: Help, She's Gone Off Her Food....

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:19 pm   Help, She's Gone Off Her Food....

I have a recently taken on a terrapin after my dad passed and she needed a new home, being in the UK where these guys are an invasive species I don't really have any experience with them and neither do my vets. I have no idea how old she is but she is 20cm from nose-tip to tail-tip and recently she has gone off of her food. I brought her some prawns as a treat for xmas and she ate 2 raw prawns but nothing since (i know my dad has given her these as a treat before and my research said it was okay). she seems healthy and active, no discharge or strange breathing, in fact she is VERY active and constantly re-arranging her tank more than normal, if offered food she comes and investigates but she just puffs water at if before swimming off. I have tried adjusting her water and lamp temp but there hasn't been a change, she now hasn't eaten anything in over 10 days and she normally eats pellets every 3-4 days. her water temp is at 23C and her weight is 110g. Should I be worried? Any recommendations for getting her to eat again? Is there something I have missed?
JennyRed

Post Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:51 pm   Re: Help, She's Gone Off Her Food....

I would bump up the water temperature a little. How big is the tank and how much water is in there?
steve
Site Admin

Return to General Care Discussion