Page 1 of 1
Bathtub?!

Posted:
Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:48 pm
by CrushnSquirt
Anyone think its bad to go swimming with your turts?

They are just soo freaking cute that i'd love to fill up my bathtub and bring them in with me! Prolly not advisable huh?

Posted:
Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:53 pm
by sonyj
No, not advisable. Both on the part that you really shouldn't for your health but also for theirs. Soap residue can kill them. Even if you think you might have removed it all off the tub, it could still be there. I've heard of people leaving their turtles in the sink while cleaning their tank and them dying because of the soap residue still being in the sink. Not worth the chance.


Posted:
Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:07 pm
by CrushnSquirt
That's too bad, that would have been so much fun! Luckily my yellow lab likes to swim in the pool with me...
The turts would have been way cuter though with their cute little arms and legs splish-splashing...

oh well!

Posted:
Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:27 pm
by missibsu
If ya wanna swim with the turts, find a good pond! It does sound cute, but kinda icky too!

Posted:
Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:42 pm
by TurtleBot
ewwwwwwwwwww!

Posted:
Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:19 am
by reptilegrrl
Sony- turtles are incredibly tough. I doubt soap scum killed the turtles that you speak of.
I still don't advise taking a bath with your turtle, though. That's a very bad idea.

Posted:
Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:22 am
by steve
.. don't take YOUR turtles to the pond to swim with them...
As for the tub... there are other things in there that aren't good for turtles... like silicone containing fungicides not to mention all those germs.

Posted:
Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:15 am
by missibsu
I wasn't suggesting taking the personal turtle, lol! Go where they live in the wild...just watch for the snappers. I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt, lol.

Posted:
Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:04 am
by khobbs
You could always get a kiddie pool.... and just sit with them... ???

Posted:
Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:58 am
by steve
I know you weren't making that suggestion, I just wanted to make sure people knew not to... lol. Besides, I don't think anyone could keep up with a RES


Posted:
Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:04 am
by samandnelly
Yeah, if you brought your little sliders in a pond you might never see them again =/

Posted:
Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:01 pm
by fishandcandy
I don't think swimming/bathing with your turtles is a good idea.
Remember that turtles are more "watching" pets than "playing" pets.

Posted:
Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:22 pm
by marisa
I've heard of people swimming with dolphins, but not turtles. Somehow watching all that poop they can make in a tank doesn't make the idea seem all that appetizing to me (not that dolphins dont, but I've never seen it).

Love of turtles

Posted:
Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:49 pm
by nemo lover
I thought I loved my turtle, but I've never wanted to swim with it. But I agree that turtles are very cute and loveable. (in a distant sort of way)