Page 1 of 1

using a zoo med turtle dock as a ramp for above tank basking

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:57 pm
by LurycNitsuj
I am trying to fix up an above tank basking area right now, and I am having trouble attaching the turtle dock to the basking area... i know some of you have used the turtle dock as the ramp, so I was just wondering how you did it.

Thank youuuu



Justin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:02 pm
by Vtolds
I think most people from the looks of any pictures I have seen have just put the dock at a angle using the suction cup bracket, maybe someone will have a picture to explain.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:54 pm
by steve

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:38 pm
by FLhaven4strays
I tried that (suctioning ramp onto the tank at an angle). It didn't work...just too buoyant. I ended up returning the dock & gluing a strip of plastic mesh onto the basking area as a kind of ladder.

I know some folks have done it though.