Page 1 of 1

Needing Idea's For Lighting

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:50 am
by TurtleGirl08
I am in need of a light, I havent got my turtles yet, But I need a idea for a light, I am wondering if anyone knows anywhere I can get a heat lamp cheaper than pet stores what for one and if anyone has any other idea for a light :?:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:38 pm
by Tenodera
Perhaps you can get the UVA lamp at some department store or furniture store.

You'll also need a UVB lamp. You can get the lamp at a normal store, but the UVB bulb you can only buy at pet stores.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:49 pm
by TheComputerGremlin
The heat lamp and holder that I got from PetSmart was like $15, max. If that's stretching your pocket, you might want to reconsider having turtles. You could probably find a cheaper holder at like Home Depot and you can use an incandescent light bulb, but that's all for the heat lamp. The UVB lights are what will get expensive.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:02 am
by TurtleGirl08
Thanks for the information.