Page 1 of 1

In tank adheisives ...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:26 pm
by Jakob
I'm in the process of upgrading my tank. I plan on creating my own basking area from plexi-glass and attaching small rocks to its surface as well as some fake plant life. My question is, what should I use as an adheisive ? What kinds are safe to use and would not be toxic to my RES ?
Any help would be great.

Thanks kindly.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:31 pm
by grey goose
The best adhesive to use is aquarium silicone, NOT regular "kitchen and bath silicone". It contains fungicides, not safe for turtles (or fish).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:35 am
by TheComputerGremlin
And if you own a caulking gun, buy that type of container. Holy cow was that little tube of aquarium silicon hard to squeeze and half-way through my basking area project, the thing broke and started oozing silicon out the side. And work somewhere well ventilated, it stinks something nasty!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:04 pm
by grey goose
Alot of tips and tricks in this thread:

http://www.redearslider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13965