Page 1 of 1

New tank is here!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:20 am
by mat012
The kids and I schlepped down to Houston to pick up our new tank. I knew it would be big big my gosh I am pretty surprised. Its a 36x18x25. I am so used to looking at the 10 gallon this thing looks huge!

We also stopped at aquarium world and bought a few knick knacks for the tank. Some drift wood and java moss. We are headed off on vacation, but I will post pics eventually when everything is set up. What fun!

Thanks for all of the advise from the forum and site! What a help!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:40 am
by RunninWideOpen
very cool! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:25 pm
by AllisonChains
How did you like Aquarium World?

Glad to hear you have the tank and everything went well!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:53 pm
by mat012
Loved it! How cool is that place. I was so tempted to start up a saltwater tank. Beautiful fish!
Kids had a blast too! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:15 pm
by Bumby's Mom
I tried getting my mom to do a saltwater tank (she loves fish) but after looking at the prices and hearing from some poeple who had them it is going to be WAAAY too much money for her. I was also told that the tanks don't stabilize until after the first 5 years... that is a pretty big commitment. Those fish are just so beautiful though.