Page 1 of 1
about tank price

Posted:
Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 am
by swlin
I was 99% positive that I saw a 90 gallon for less than $50 in Big Al's. It's the one with only the tank, no stand, no lid. I started to think that it's a really good deal since I read that a 20 gallon tank costs more than $100 or so somewhere on the forum.. It seems like tanks are so expensive, so I started to doubt what I saw in Big Al's. I am Toronto by the way.

Posted:
Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:50 am
by swlin
I got a 20L tank for $25 in Big Als.

Posted:
Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:55 am
by BullDog
That IS a good deal! If it's still there, I'd scoop it! But I doubt it's still there. I've heard of people getting really good deals on tanks at Big Als. Perhaps it was scratched or something and they were blowing it out.

Posted:
Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:53 pm
by notoch351
The deals on tanks are great at big al's, boxing day is even better.

Posted:
Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:49 am
by swlin
I am pretty sure they are new. I really want to get a 90 gallon one. I have two turtles and their sizes add up to 4.5 inches. I am currently keeping them in a 20 gallon tank. I know it's way too small for them. But 20 gallon the the max size I can carry around once every 4 months. I live in rez and there is no space for a 90 gallon tank. o_O

Posted:
Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:51 am
by Chrisbarnett
See, even though the tank is cheap...Shipping is where they kill you. Unless Big Al's has a store near you that you saw it in... but does Big Al's have a store?

Posted:
Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:21 pm
by swlin
Yes. It does. It's called Aquarium Services. I hope that price stay unchanged for the next 3 years. So I can get it right after I graduate.

Posted:
Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:33 pm
by joeybsmooth
I few years ago , I would have said 90 bucks Canadian is like 900 bucks US , but our dollar is dropping so fast I can not make that joke any more ? So sad.