Page 1 of 1

New Tank Layout

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:05 am
by sliderz_rock
Yesterday, we changed my RES's tank layout. The water level was low for his size, and his basking dock was too small, so we made a partial land and mostly water layout for him. Less than 1/4 of the tank is land, and the rest is deep water. I finally took out all the gravel. He seems much happier now, but today we're getting him a new basking light. Any suggestions on things I should add? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:09 pm
by untsmurf
Can you take a picture?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:34 pm
by mzkitty23
something in the water for him to rest on...where he can be sort of "halfway down" but resting in the water...it's great for turts that are used to shallow water, but converted to deep.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:48 am
by sliderz_rock
Sure, I'll take a picture after school! We're going to the pet store today to get a log for him to rest on.