Page 1 of 1

Play Sand.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:23 pm
by pajamatree
OK - so I was wondering, I know this will probably make me sound like a moron, but does play sand harden when it comes in contact with water? Is that the whole point to it?

I want something at the bottom of my tank to make it look nicer, but if I put sand in there, Gnarles and Little Foot will only kick it up and make the water foggy and whatnot, so that got me wandering what would happen with play sand. I've never heard of it until I came to this website.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:42 pm
by Chrisbarnett
Um, not quite sure what you mean by harden.

And it will not make the water foggy. thats the whole point of wasing it. Sand doesnt really get kicked up all that often either, and if it does, it settles back down quickly.

Have you read the Sand FAQ sticky? Good info in there.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:02 pm
by Linus
Do you mean if it turns into "sand rocks" and clumps?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:15 pm
by zoologist
Chris is right. the sand FAQ was created for a reason.