Page 1 of 1
turtles wont use turtle dock

Posted:
Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:32 am
by dancrchica3
I recently put a ZooMed turtle dock into my 2 turtles tank. They are babies and orignally had a small log porcelain fixture to hide under and crawl on top of to bask. Well a week ago Sunday I put this new dock in the tank and I have yet to see either of them use it religiously, I have actually have only seen one of them get onto the top and he basked for about 2 minutes and got off. They both use the end that is in the water to just hang out on. Is there anything else I should do differently?
Thanks everyone.

Posted:
Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:59 am
by Daniel3507
just give them some time to get used to it

Posted:
Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:14 am
by dancrchica3
okay, sounds good. i just didn't want the change to hurt them or whatever.

Posted:
Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:06 pm
by untsmurf
Turtles, especially young ones, are very sensitive to changes in their tanks. The take a while to get used to them. Plus, younger turtles tend not to bask when people are around.

Posted:
Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:20 pm
by dancrchica3
Okay, they were starting to worry me and I am a new turtle owner so I wanted to get some advice. Thanks so much.