Page 1 of 2

Wendell's setup, a raised pre-formed pond (pics)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:31 pm
by steve
Wendell just made Fred this great setup, enjoy:

Image

Image

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:35 pm
by BullDog
Wow! I think this is the first time I've seen any pictures of your turtle Steve!

The pond is very cool! What is the material around it and on the basking area?

How old is Fred? He looks like he's turning melanistic!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:00 pm
by steve
Not my turtle ;)

Hopefully Wendell will pop in and answer some of your questions :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:30 pm
by BullDog
Awww... And here I thought we were getting the long awaited pics of your turts. :P

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:37 pm
by Chrisbarnett
steve wrote:Not my turtle ;)

Hopefully Wendell will pop in and answer some of your questions :)


I've never seen your turtles or their setups. Why not post em up steve? 8)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:40 pm
by Linus
Great setup, and wow that's and old turtle.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:36 pm
by steve
I have posted my setup before (the PVC/tile basking area) as for pics of my turtles... they've been posted/uploaded before, but I'm not telling which ones they are. :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:13 pm
by Rubicon
Hmmm this is a very excellent/interesting idea!! Although I think I would miss seeing my guys swim around in their tank.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:17 pm
by Skittles
How many gallons is that? And also does the plexi stop half way? Can he climb out and go over the right side? And also what lights do you have there?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:19 pm
by Mis4Monopoly
That's a very nice setup. I want to build something similar for mine when their bigger.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:57 pm
by BullDog
steve wrote:I have posted my setup before (the PVC/tile basking area) as for pics of my turtles... they've been posted/uploaded before, but I'm not telling which ones they are. :)


Awww! How about a hint? Keyword? Even a year??? You've got 7000+ posts to sift though you know :P

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:29 pm
by steve
I'll think about it :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:32 pm
by Chrisbarnett
Oh come on steve. :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:43 am
by wendell
Hello all!, thanks for the comments. The Bean was the setup inspiration! I didnt know how to post pics so sent to gallery and Steve kindly put this on here and just sent me an email.
I have now posted pics of how it was put together...go to page 2!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:49 am
by wendell
sfmmfreak wrote:Great setup, and wow that's and old turtle.


Yes, we have had Fred for 19 years and he was big when we got him so he is definitely up there in age. He is really enjoying the new home...especially likes to watch the satellite TV!