Page 1 of 1

What is a Good filter for a 30 Gallor setup?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:30 pm
by vouslavous
I'm looking for a filter that is good for a 30 Gallon Setup. My current tank is cracked on top so I can only get around 4-5 inches of water in in. This is going to be for two, 1 and a half inch red eared slider. Currently I have a Tetra Reptofilter, but I'm also looking for one that will be good for my setup and not be to expensive and can you please give me links to the product to or some information on where to buy some products for my turtles. I have a local petshop here but products here are very expensive.

There are also 10 feeder fish and 2 goldfish in the tank. I do not know if this is alright. I thought i would get them for the turtles to chase around but I do not know if 10 feeder fish is to much for 2 RES that are 1 and half inches long.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:41 pm
by jozzep
Fluval 305.......try ebay.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:27 am
by Kemul
Or... make your own canister filter! :)

Total cost for a DIY canister filter would be less than $50 at most. Maximize the
space for bio filtration.

Well, just something to ponder...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:21 am
by Azfar
If we do DIY Canister Filter... what is 'thing' to pull the water and filter inside the canister?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:26 am
by mike504
you could get one of those tetra filters that are like 20-30dollers for 10gallons and up

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:03 am
by Kemul
Azfar wrote:If we do DIY Canister Filter... what is 'thing' to pull the water and filter inside the canister?


The way I designed my canister filter I took from someone's idea in this forum.
Water gets into the filter by gravity mostly. I use powerhead to push water
back into the tank.