Page 1 of 1

Safe plants?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:14 pm
by Sir Max
Just want to double check. The pet store told me they are safe but i removed them after this picture to be safe.

I cant remember the names ;xx i was in a rush and bad mistake by me not to get it written down

http://i43.tinypic.com/30crm3b.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/2ly4tig.jpg

Also can an aquatic snail climb out of the water onto the dry sides of the tank? I dont have a lid so could he escape?

Sorry its my first time owning a snail and aquatic plants haha

Re: Safe plants?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:47 pm
by Sir Max
The second one is Hornwort right? I cant find the first one.

Re: Safe plants?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:24 pm
by ljapa
The second is hornwort. I don't know what the first is either. Snails can climb out of a tank. In fact some need to lay their eggs above water.

How common it is to climb completely out, I have no idea.

Re: Safe plants?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:27 pm
by devilduck
The first one looks like vallisneria. Certain snails may climb out of the tank, depends on the type of snail. Post a picture.