Habitat - Indoor :: Ramp traction

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:27 pm   Ramp traction

Hello, I am new to the site. I have a yellow belly slider, he is about 23 years old, Leonardo. He is a very happy turtle. I used the shower things that helped him get up his ramp. It is made of glass. The last one in the water has fallen off. What can I use that will stick to the glass that is already wet. i do not want to lower his water to that level just to put a sticky thing on it. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thank you
Katkreps

Post Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:14 am   Re: Ramp traction

What about those adhesive strips used for traction in bath tubs? I've also seen some custom glass platforms that used silicone attach glass strips for grip. I'm not sure what you mean by shower thing.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:13 am   Re: Ramp traction

What about a water proof tape like what's used for pools. It's rubberized and would offer traction.
That as seen on TV water tape like flex seal tape holds very well in water. I used it and works , cut to what you want. Many different brands on this. .
Would last better than those shower stick on's. Could tape/cover all the ramp or cut say 1/2' stripes , like steps on a ladder.
litefoot

Return to Habitat - Indoor